Tomorrow's the big day!!! I actually kind of don't believe I'm leaving tomorrow because it just doesn't seem real yet. I think one of the reasons is I'm not done packing... I know it's cutting it kind of (okay very) close, but my mom is going crazy and she keeps making me switch suitcases. It really slows the process when I have everything packed and she decides the suitcase isn't tough enough and makes me take it all out and re-pack it. Hopefully I will be ready in time for my flight tomorrow... It just sucks because I really haven't been all that stressed about leaving the past couple days, but she is so incredibly stressed even though she's not the one going and I swear it's going to drive me insane.
Speaking of parents, I really hope my host mom is cool. She's hosted a lot of study abroad students so at least she'll know what to do and everything. She's divorced and both her kids are older so it'll just be us and possibly a student from China, which could be interesting. She's also an English professor so I'm betting I'll be able to learn a lot from her.
On a completely different note, I'm super excited because the day after I arrive in France we leave for an off-site orientation in Vannes. I have no idea what Vannes is like, but it'll be fun having a mini vacation and getting to know everyone before I have to settle into life in Nantes. Sadly I most likely won't have my computer so I won't be able to really be in contact much with anyone the 4th-7th.
I realize this was a completely pointless and boring post, but as I haven't left yet I have no exciting travel stories. Also, Karen Werling pimped my blog so it's pretty now! I suggested she get a show on MTV called "Pimp my Blog" and everyone can watch her do all sorts of exciting things to pictures, such as smudging. Oh and in case anyone was wondering, "La Vie en Rose" means seeing life through rose-colored glasses, and the literal translation is "life in pink." It's also a song by the French singer Edith Piaf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you no happens when your bored in class and your lab involves google earth? you find where in france nicole is going to be staying haha hope ur having fun
Update this! How am I supposed to stalk you sufficiently if you never post???
Post a Comment