Only one week left.... :(
My time in Nantes has been amazing. I've gotten so much more out of it than I ever would have expected. I love it here and really am not ready to come home in a week.
Here are some things I'm really going to miss:
- Galettes and Crepes
- Amazing Boulangeries every block (really really good bakeries)
- French paninis and sandwiches
- Speaking French to strangers and hearing my French is good from those strangers
- Traveling to different countries on the weekend
- Being legal (6 more months...)
- The Christmas Market
- Vin Chaud (hot spiced wine that is EVERYWHERE in Nantes)
- Living in a place with so much history and culture
- All my friends at IES :(
- Pain au chocolat (chocolate croissants kind of)
- The fact that it never gets colder than 30 degrees here
- Walking to class/into town and every single time thinking how beautiful it is and how lucky I am
- Day trips to Paris
Here are some things I WON'T miss:
- French people never cleaning up their dog poop
- All the strikes (I've seen more strikes my 4 months in France than I have my entire life in the U.S.)
- My shower (it's tiny so I'm always bumping into something and the water goes from burning hot to freezing cold - there's no medium)
- Not being able to understand sometimes
- People not understanding me sometimes
- Being the only foreign student in a big lecture
- Having to take the bus everywhere
- Eating late
- Being forced to clean off my plate out of politeness despite the fact that I'm incredibly full
- Being forced to eat things I don't like (such as fish) out of politeness
- People always correcting my grammar
- Everything being so expensive
Gah I don't want to leave! I'm now seriously considering taking a teaching position in France after I graduate for a year or two. I'm in love with it now....
I promise I will put up pictures from London the last time and also Nantes and Clisson (my host mom's birthplace).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment